Oqtacore is a software app development company. Our team consists of more than 80 software developers, UI&UX designers, testers, mobile developers, front-end developers, and others.
How to create an app with us? We have a simple roadmap:
- You leave a request, describing your future app. It might be as little as an idea, or maybe a use case from real life when you noticed that you could solve a problem. It might be as much as a final product that you want to rebuild. We at Oqtacore know that early versions of the software are created only to prove an idea quickly, and we can build much more robust, maintainable, and fast versions of software once it is proved that the idea is working and the software is making money to its owners.
- We sign an NDA. We respect intellectual property, as it is our business. We never claim any rights to the software written during a contract.
- We discuss the future (or current) product: its target audience, business value, core functionality, target platforms, design language, etc.
- We create a pre-contract specification of the app, tell you an estimated price and length of the project.
- After the contract is signed, our UI&UX experts start working on the screens of the app, while software engineers start R&D for the backend parts: changing the right languages, frameworks, libraries, and the rest of the technology stack.
- Preparing the UI&UX for all screens, all platforms, and all device sizes might take 2-3 months, so in the middle of this process, our backend software engineers start writing code for the functionality that will 100% make it to the release.
- When we agree on the screens of the app, our frontend developers start implementing the designs using the app code.
- 4-5 months after the contract start, you will see the first alpha version of the app, usually, it’s registration, home screen, and some main functionality (it might be a chat between users, product pages, some workflow).
- Then, depending on the size of the project (we have done projects as short as 6 months and as long as 2.5 years) you will get your app in small releases once every 1-1.5 months. This allows controlling the delivery process without spending too much time on preparing each release. If you prefer, we can make releases as often as every 2 weeks, but this will affect the delivery speed or require a few additional staff members on the project if you want to keep the same speed.
- In most cases, after the project finishes, we continue maintaining the app, but that is completely up to you to decide.
If you want to learn how to create an app in more detail, please visit our blog. We have a great set of articles for many topics, and many more articles are coming.
We work with many programming languages:
- Objective-C/Swift (for iOS)
- Java/Kotlin (for Android)
We can build apps for multiple platforms:
Out software engineers are proficient in writing code, unit testing, and doing DevOps. We know how to build auto-recoverable resilient systems at scale.
Our software engineers write flexible, high-quality code using proven methodologies.